A benefit of individual therapy is the ability to have one-on-one sessions with a therapist who can assist you in developing and achieving your personal therapeutic goals. Other potential benefits of individual therapy include: gaining coping strategies, obtaining additional insights about yourself, and attaining the tools to manage or resolve problems.
If you find yourself:
- Worrying about problems over and over
- Desiring to let go of negative thoughts and improve your self-esteem
- Unsure of who you could trust about your secret struggle
- Desiring insight into your feelings or behaviors
- Wanting an unbiased professional to help you sort things out
…then individual therapy could be right for you.