Counseling for Mothers
Being a mom brings a lot of changes. One day you are independent, then the next day you have a little one that is dependent on you to have all their needs met. Whether you are a new mom or an experienced mom, motherhood can bring an array of feelings from happiness and joy to fear and anxiety.
Have you found yourself:
- Feeling overwhelmed and wondering if you ‘should’ have become a mother in the first place?
- Not feeling as though you are ‘bonding’ with your baby?
- Having difficulty quieting your mind?
- Feeling empty, numb, or if you’re just going through the motions?
- Having difficulty focusing and concentrating?
- Being afraid that others will judge your inabilities if you seek help?
- Frequently worrying that you’re not a ‘good enough’ mother?
- Feeling guilty due to high expectations of motherhood?
- Experiencing thoughts of leaving your baby behind or running away?
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, then individual therapy may benefit you in your journey of motherhood.