Counseling for New Mothers
Being a new mom brings a lot of changes. One day you are independent, then the next day you have a little one that is dependent on you to have all their needs met. Motherhood can bring an array of feelings from happiness and joy to fear and anxiety.
Have you found yourself:
- Feeling overwhelmed and wondering if you ‘should’ have become a mother in the first place?
- Not feeling as though you are ‘bonding’ with your baby?
- Having difficulty quieting your mind?
- Feeling empty, numb, or if you’re just going through the motions?
- Having difficulty focusing and concentrating?
- Being afraid that others will judge your inabilities if you seek help?
- Frequently worrying that you’re not a ‘good enough’ mother?
- Feeling guilty due to high expectations of motherhood?
- Experiencing thoughts of leaving your baby behind or running away?
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, then individual therapy may benefit you in your new journey into motherhood.